Huerta July 2008

Huerta July 2008

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Goals

So I have been struggling with what I want to focus on this year. Goals are really important to me since I believe that if you aren't progressing you are regressing. I have decided on a few goals and I feel like if I post them on my blog I will be more dedicated and accountable for them.
Goal #1 is be more even tempered. Brandon has been complaining about my yelling. I hate to admit that I am a yeller but I am. I am quite loud and sometimes Dawson will cover his ears and that makes me feel bad. My plan of attack is to take some "time-out" if I find that I am getting upset.
Goal #2 is to focus on my family. This includes getting Derek potty trained before his birthday. I want to focus on getting the boys more active, less TV watching and more playing/learning. I also want to try to be more service oriented and not care "who does more" around the house.
Goal #3 is to complete Lent. I am not Catholic but I really like the idea of it. Lent begins February 25th this year and ends on Easter. I am going to abstain from drinking coffee and soda. I put too much sugar in my coffee and soda is just not good for me. I am also going to try to fast at least two Sundays during the 40 day. Recently my parents fasted for Brandon to get a job. I had forgotten about the power of fasting and it was a great reminder. I feel like it is important for me to do again.
Goal #4 is to focus on myself. This includes working out, eating healthier, taking/MAKING time for myself, getting up early enough in the morning to get ready instead of showering and putting my hair in a pony tail, shaving my legs ;-), spend more time with friends, and generally looking better for myself and for my poor husband.
I went to JC Penny today and bought new running shoes and a blender with a Christmas gift card. I am looking forward to some early morning smoothies. I am feeling very motivated today. I think it is because it is sunny and feels a little like spring. Wish me luck!

No comments: